Senior Technical Software Consultant
Software Improvement Group (SIG)
Who we are & How we work
As a Technical Software Consultant at the Software Improvement Group you will advise technology leaders on how to improve quality, reduce risks and control costs of their business-critical software systems.
You will accomplish this by tool-assisted source code investigation and proven risk and cost analysis methodologies. You will work on a project-basis (often 6 to 8 weeks, mostly from Amsterdam) together with a small team of technology specialists headed by a senior or principal consultant. Whether the project is in the public sector, energy sector, telecom industry, financial sector or in the logistics domain, one thing is sure: you will interact with senior leaders of enterprises involved in large-scale business activities.
Where you come in
As a core member of the software consultancy team, you will analyse the systems that are being assessed. Your role is to get a good understanding of the system in a short period of time, and validate your findings and hypotheses with the development teams.
Typically, your work will consist of:
- conducting technical interviews with lead architects and lead developers to understand code, documentation and the system's architecture
- analysing the system and collect findings that pose possible risks to the client's business plans
- presenting and validate the results with the lead architects and lead developers
- formulating recommendations to the client with your project team, that are backed by the findings you collected
You will receive rigorous training in the SIG proprietary toolset and methodologies. We will help you achieve your goals through continuous professional development and regular career progression sessions.
You will get in contact with a multitude of different development technologies to analyze, ranging from legacy technologies to 4GLs to modern web frameworks and business process modelling technologies, all supported by our analysis tools.
What's in it for you?
We offer you a unique opportunity to join us on the forefront of getting software right. At SIG you can make a difference for the biggest organisations and for critical software systems that have become important in our lives. If you too believe that it is essential to do something about how software is engineered, to get it under control and to prevent serious incidents, then you can be at the heart of progress at SIG.
We offer a job with much variety, where you advice on a multitude of different systems on a yearly basis. Additionally, you will have continuous learning opportunities and access to unique knowledge. Your colleagues will be a fun, young and exceptionally well-educated group of people. Work schedules are flexible and many people successfully plan around their young families. Our organisation structure is flat, providing much room for your own initiatives and ideas.
- A completed master degree in a technical subject
- Analytical and able to simplify large collections of data
- Drive to give advice that will be listened to and acted upon
- A writer of concise documents
- Creative and convincing
- Excellent command of Dutch and English
- Experience with software development